Beta Glucan - Powerful Immune Modulator
When it comes to your health, the best defense is a good offense. Meet your new quarterback: Beta Glucan. Beta Glucan offers stellar immune support by helping facilitate phagocytosis, or your body's ability to engulf, or ‘swallow,’ foreign cells and particles. Pretty cool, eh?
We chose an insoluble yeast-based source for our Beta Glucan, in contrast to soluble sources such as oat, barley or mushroom. In layman’s terms, insolubility means our Beta
Glucan is able to pass through your stomach and small intestine and into your lymphatic system via the machophages. Once in your lymphatic system, beta glucan is taken up by other immune cells that start releasing cytokines and jump-starting your immune system. In other words, yeast-based beta glucan doesn’t get absorbed along the way, which means it’s fully potent and ready to fight the good fight for you when and where it’s needed most.
- Strengthens Overall Immune Function -- Known as a biological response modifier, beta glucan has the ability to activate your immune system proactively. Studies with both humans and animals support the efficacy of beta glucan in increasing the reaction rate of the immune system to challenge.
- Supports Heart Health & Normal Cholesterol Levels–Heatlhline.com gives Beta Glucan an "A" for supporting healthy cholesterol levels. Beta Glucan may also promote heart health by helping to maintain appropriate blood pressure.
- Supports Healthy Blood Sugar Levels--The December 2008 issue of Vascular Health Risk Management concluded that dietary intake of beta glucan helped support healthy blood glucose and lipid levels. There are numerous other studies that offer promising results on the role beta glucan might play in supporting healthy blood sugar levels.
For best results, take beta glucan on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and wait an hour before eating. Seldom has one supplement done so much for so
many! Join us in welcoming Beta Glucan to the Co-op family.
- Beta Glucan has been deemed as GRAS (generally regarded as safe) by the FDA and has no known contradictions, side effects, or toxicity.
- Although not well studied in humans, caution is advised for the co-use of aspirin and/or NSAIDs with Beta Glucan as severe gastrointestinal damage may result.